Free DIY wooden box

Free DIY wooden box

This is honestly one of my favorite DIYs and it cost me no money at all. It took me awhile to make but that just because I did it over multiple days a little bit at a time. It took about 6 hours total but like I said I just split it up into about 30 minutes a day. So anyways here is the finished project.

I used this to hold my art supplies but if you make it from a bigger box you could use it for clothes or really anything you want. So here is how you make it.

 <-- cardboard box

Materials

- cardboard box
- popsicle sticks
- hot glue
- paint (optional)

Steps

1. Cut all the rounded ends off the popsicle sticks, this takes the most time and you don't HAVE to do it but I just prefer the look.
2. Start hot glueing the popsicle sticks onto the box, I staggered mine to give it a more real looking effect.
3. Take a break at some point because this is a lotttt of work and also hurts your hands a lot if you are cutting the popsicle sticks.
4. Ok great you have finished the box, now you could paint the outside or stain it. I didn't just because I didn't have any stain at my house and I was trying to make this for free. I did however paint the inside and you could do that to yours as well.

Disclamer: I know not all these materials are free but I was just basing it off of stuff most people already have, so free just means you probably won't have to go out and buy stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY storage window seat

DIY Pompoms!