DIY storage window seat

DIY Storage Window Seat!

Hello! For my first post I am going to be showing how I turned my shelves into a window seat. It's a very simple DIY that can really add to your house. Window seats are getting pretty popular in houses so I thought I would just think of a way for a teen like me to make one.


This is the final window seat. I am very happy with how it turned out. I don't sit on it that much but by dog and cat love laying on it. Below is Loki the cat and Poppy the dog. So anyways here are the steps to making this.


Materials

-cube shelf
-wood planks
-blanket
-decor (optional)
-foam (optional)

Steps

1. Empty the shelf and lay it down next to your window.
2. Since this is also for storage you can now also fill the cubes up with things.
3. Put the wood over the boxes, as your place to sit.
4. If you want to make it more comfy you can add foam or cushions.
5. Put a blanket over it to hide the fact that it is really just a shelf.
6. This is the step that you can just go crazy. Add any decor you want. As you can see I added another little shelf for decor objects. Along with lotsssss of stuffed animals.

This is basically what I used for this but mine only had 2 rows not 3.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you enjoy and try this DIY! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free DIY wooden box

DIY Pompoms!