DIY Pompoms!

How to make a pompom

In todays post I am going to show you guys how to make your own pompoms. I got these pompom makers from wish and they were super inexpensive ($2) but work perfectly. It is a super easy way to make pompom rugs or pillows or just pompoms in general. I am working on a pompom rug right now so stay tuned for that. Anyways here is the DIY.


Here is what I have right now for pompoms, I thought I would have more by now since I started 4 days ago but I've just been really busy and also just don't have the patience to sit for that long. They actually are really easy and fast to make though.


Materials

- Pompom maker (mine is from wish but you can also find them at craft stores)
- Yarn
-Scissors


Steps

1. Wrap the yarn around the pompom maker like the picture above.
2. Wrap it around again, the more you wrap it the fluffier it will be.
3. Cut the string and do the same thing on the other side.
4. Cut around the pompom maker. You have to cut all the yarn in half basically, you'll see what I'm talking about when you have the pompom maker.
5. Tie a string around the middle the pompom.
6. Take apart the pompom maker to get the pompom out.
7. Trip the extra yarn to make it more shaped like a ball.
8. If you are making a rug like me keep the long strand on the pompom.


Here is one of my finished pompoms! I hope you enjoyed this DIY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free DIY wooden box

DIY storage window seat